Sunday, May 28, 2006

Words of Wisdom

My Grandma is one of the biggest treasures in my life. She is like no one else I have ever known or will ever know. Her concern, care, and prayers night and day for me are like a heavenly cloak around me protecting me and strengthening me always.

Grandpa died a few years ago. I used to call him the Grandest Grand Pa, coz he truly was the most wonderful granddad according to me. He had a special twinkle in his eyes (Yeah, just like you read in story books), loved to laugh and loved people in an unconditional, over the top way.

Grandma always has words of wisdom to share and I enjoy sitting on the shore of the beach (one of her favorite places) and chatting with her. I wish I could do that more often!

She spent the last week with us and gave me a word of advice before she left. It was about temper tantrums. She said if ever you are in the same room with someone who has lost their temper, then you be the one who holds peace. Agree with what they have to say and go along with it all, fair or unfair. Then wait for a time when they have calmed down and talk things over. That’s how grandpa and I dealt with things she explained. When I was upset, he was patient and when he was upset I was patient. They never fought once in the 40 odd years of their married life.

I did not take her advice too seriously till something happened and I learnt from practice that it’s not easy to do so but trust me it works wonders! It’s something I want to hold on to for the rest of my life.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Thank you for Grandmamma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
she is a sweetheart - down to earth and makes it so doable. makes me envious when she does it so effortlessly

Anita said...

Hi anonymous,
Am guessing who you are (??) :)

Yeah, so true. The way she makes it so "doable" as you said is what leaves me in absolute admiration of her too!

Thank you for posting!