Saturday, May 26, 2007

Appreciation

Appreciation is one of the words I love in the English language simply because it opens one to a world of positive possibilities.

Know what I mean?

Appreciation can be made known in a zillion different ways. A simple nod, a look in the eye, a smile, shaking hands, a hug, by the use of words simple or poetic, gifts …

This morning I expected to be hear the words "Good work". Yeah, I know it’s not good to have such expectations but this I told myself was an exception.

I was disappointed.

It’s a hard confession to make because I always thought I was mature enough to handle such disappointment with a smile!

Anyway by the end of the day I also had to say goodbye to a friend who was moving on. As she bid farewell, her eyes filled with tears while repeatedly talking about a card another friend and I had given her on her birthday. I faintly remember writing a long note on the back and her tears said how much it meant to her. Honestly I never thought it could mean so much.

There is a time and a moment for everything and so also with appreciation. An opportunity once missed it may never come back and once given, there’s no telling how much it could mean.

As I write this I make a silent vow to myself to never miss up such an opportunity. Join me? :)

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . .”Good Work”, I hear you whisper in my ear.

5 comments:

csk said...

Hi @tina..
Nice calling you this way... but i prefer the other famous names ;)

Waiting for ur next blogs to get some idea and put it on mine :)

Keep posting.. U r too good at it !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ani,
Thats a nice article, i too love that word "appreciation". Appreciation, encourages both the user and reciever, what you had experience with your friend goes with this.
It makes me remind of a tamil saying by a famous writer that"If we encourage or appreciate a ordinary rope seller today, he would sell silk tomorrow.

You are doing a good job, keep posting.
God Bles you.
Denny

Unknown said...

Hey yaar, sorry for not writing comments till now. Now I have some time to write. here it goes..

I guess few words in the article belong to me... :) Really that card given by you, Madhavi and Gayatri mean a lot to me yaar. I read it several number of times and I have shown it to almost all my friends..

:)

Anita said...

Hi csk!

:) famous names? shhhhh! ;)

Welcome to the blog world... am enjoying your posts...

Hey denny!

Thank you... Nice quote...! :)

Hi Sudha!

Oops! did not expect you to read this...;)

So nice to hear from you again after quite some time... :)

Hope you are doing good...

Unknown said...

Yeah I am fine. How are you and work?