Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Life Lesson

Just because situations are a certain way you should not let that affect you. It's important to be the best 'You' that you can be despite circumstances.

X said those words to me recently and it made so much sense.

I’d rather not go into the background of this situation but it has been something that I have been struggling with for awhile now and something that has caused me a lot of frustration simply because I feel things could be a lot better and I just did not want to settle for mediocre.

X words were said at a very apt time when finally I have given into circumstances and decided to be one of the many but am just not happy.

Infact, I have been trying hard to tell myself the exact same thing in N different ways and it just would not sink in. Hearing it from another voice just made something click somewhere within me.

Know what I mean? I have been frustrated and upset about a bunch of silly things and just having X speak those words into my life actually helped me finally "get over" things!

Am posting it so I’ll never forget. I think it’s one of the best lessons to learn in life.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . I am awed at the fact that an apt word at the right time can mean so much. May my words be so too.

2 comments:

Samson said...

Hi Anita,
Good to know X made a difference in your life.
Honestly your English and the subjects you are choosing for your blog are very interesting as well as inspiring.
Looks like there is a "New York Times best seller" author in the making!

Keep rocking!
Samson

Anita said...

Hi Sam!

Ah! That’s the dream! Nice to hear from you… =)

Thank you!