Monday, November 05, 2007

Retrospection

Been awhile since we did a word study so here goes…

Retrospection: Looking back on a past situation.

When I look back on this blog I know most of it is about retrospection and some of it is about storing a memory so I can go back to it when I want to.

Retrospection is not just a pass time for me it is something I enjoy doing. At times it leaves me embarrassed, unhappy or confused and other times it makes me smile to myself or laugh out loud at myself!

All said and done lately retrospection has become an important aspect of my life because the decisions I make, and the things I say and do impact a few other lives entwined with mine in ways more obvious than otherwise. Sometimes no matter what I do or how I do it I’m still wondering if I did the right thing or if I should have done it differently. At times I am fed up with me and my effort to critically examine myself.

But I realized something lately: What separates the good from the great is that the good settle down but the great make a conscious effort to push oneself, to change oneself, and to challenge oneself into something more; And over the years and I mean years, somewhere along the line that someone makes that transition from being good to being great.

And someday I want to be that someone.

To my readers,

As of today, it’s been two years since I started this blog! Never thought we will share such a long journey together. Thank you for all the support and the encouragement. =)

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Heres to the journey so far and a new year of blogging!

2 comments:

R Karthick said...

Retrospection really helps..! That is one of the motivation factors behind my writing too.

Just this interesting thought I read somewhere would like to share here. When we use our blogs or other pointers or even our memory to retrospect, they give clues on what our mental state or feeling was at that time. It is not a pure reflection of what exactly triggered that feeling. To put in other words, we as humans dont do a very good job of reflecting events as it is, coz most of the times we are limited by our vocabulary and expression.

Anyways, congratulations on finishing one more year. I am sure you are already being that "someone" in your own unique way :).

Anita said...

Hi Buddy!

Thats true...

Your comments help put a smile on my face. Thank you! =)