Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Seed

My mum and me watched the movie Inception. I just happened to see it repeatedly though I am not someone who generally watches a movie a second time unless its a romantic comedy!

What amazes me is how they so accurately portray how a thought is like a seed and can change the course of a persons life. I have been playing with this concept that a thought can change my life and found it so true. If someone should suggest something to me, or if my own thoughts choose to meditate on a subject almost immediately it affects my mood, my words, my actions and my attitude. When I focus on positive thoughts my whole being is more positive and the minute I allow something negative like bitterness, self-pity or hurt  into my thoughts it has a negative effect on my being, my life, the way I am with my family around me and invariably my present and my future.

Thoughts, opinions of people, what we choose to read, what we see and hear all of these things are in some ways like seeds planted in our minds which slowly but surely begin to grow and blossom. My mum is a great gardener and I watch her patiently examine her plants everyday while watering them to ensure there are no weeds, bugs or diseases spreading. If she finds her plants being harmed in anyway she takes the required action and the sooner found the easier it is to root them out. Well, its an awesome lesson that is teaching me to allow the loving eyes of the Holy Spirit to examine my mind and my heart moment by moment to take away the seeds of thoughts that are weeds so that the fruits of love deposited in my soul can take deeper root and flourish.

Dear Mister God this is @ina... Thank you for filling my inmost soul with living water, with abundance of peace, joy, and love and may it flow through my life.

No comments: