Thursday, January 28, 2021

 The God who cares for my well-being -

As a busy st home mom of three, I have been putting away self-care for a while and by that I mean on most days you will find me with my hair in a bun looking quite unkempt. I have had wise family remind me of the value of exercise, eating healthy, and generally making a habit of caring for oneself and often just ignored it or tried, only to fall back into my old habits.

About a week ago, I made a good choice and asked God to help me discipline myself to do these very things I have been putting away for so long. To my surprise, I would feel prompted to eat on time, eat healthy... little things like that, that go a long way. And it was always one small doable thing at a time. 

After a conversation with a friend, I decided I needed to update my everyday makeup like a moisturizer for the face, a good lip balm to protect those notoriously cracked lips in the Canadian cold, etc.  With covid and online shopping becoming almost an escapism I took to amazon and read reviews to decide which brands and what I wanted. I decided though to pick them up from the store as I like to see what I am paying for and I dislike returns. My one-year-old and I usually do the "essential" shopping like groceries, and I have not browsed the make-up isles in a while but this morning I felt that nudge again, packed her up, and off we went! We dropped the older ones at school and headed to the stores. I had the most unbelievably quiet morning with the little one watching as I took my time in the isles and found the things I was looking for on sale, for prices I was actually willing to pay! On our way back, the baby actually slept (something she rarely does on the car seat) and I rejoiced in my "finds" and "sales"!

One small decision in the right direction, one small nudge at a time, and then unexpected surprises along the way (I like to call them God Hugs) humble my heart with awe for a God who truly cares for my well-being.


No comments: