Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Quote on Giving

I've been thinking -

Giving ain't *give-ing* until it pinches your own pocket.

Know what I mean? ....

I was extremely proud of myself today for a certain action which I decided was quite selfless of me. I patted my shoulder and said to myself "You are doing swell!". I even flattered my head into think I must be quite a giving person to be able to do what I did..... well, all this until I met another friend in need in the same day. Now this favour actually meant I needed to make some *real* sacrifices. And guess what? I was not too happy... & Bam! all that selflessness that I thought I saw in me was gone!!!
....But it was good while it lasted! ;)

Anyways, I realized what the parable about the woman who gave her two coins when that was all she had as oppose to the rich man who gave a tenth of his riches suddenly came to life and I realized giving, and I mean *real* giving ain't easy but makes you smile when you do it anyway even if it hurts a lil! :)

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Makes me wonder how much have I ever really given.... :?

No comments: