Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cruising or Racing

On my way home I cross a long and high flyover. I was tired and my tummy was grumbling, it was late in the eve and I was racing home. When I reached the top of the flyover there was a driver before me who was doing just the opposite - Almost as though on a cruise slowly he moved looking around and enjoying the view!

“Stop! Sow down!” I heard a cry within me.

I slowed down too and tried to enjoy the sights and sounds around me as I drove. Not just while driving over the flyover but all the way home. Somehow it did help clear my head, calm my nerves and probably made me more agreeable when I got home.

I was reminded of a scene in Pixar’s movie CARS where Lightning McQueen, a hotshot rookie race car discovers the other side of life so to speak on a cruise with Sally the Porsche who opens up his mind to a world he did not notice simply because he was too wrapped up in himself and his career.

Hmmm…Been there!?

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . “Stop! Slow down!” Guess I could use a few of those signs boards along the road of life.

2 comments:

R Karthick said...

Stop, Slow Down! Check whether you are on the right track.

This is what I have been trying to tell myself. Ironically, even though I know sometimes the path I have chosen to drive leads to someone else's goal, I still continue.

:-)

Anita said...

Hi Karthick!

"...Ironically, even though I know sometimes the path I have chosen to drive leads to someone else's goal, I still continue."

I can *so* identify with you...

I wonder why we choose to chain ourselves to others goals and dreams instead of discovering our own wings....

Wishing you and all who can identify with you and me the courage to break free! :)