Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Know you Love me!

I spent last evening with my niece, Steffane who is three. She is the happiest child I have ever met with constantly twinkling eyes, a bubbly spirit and a charm with both expressing and receiving love that makes her absolutely adorable! :)



Well, Chithi as I am called is on her favourite list and trust me I am humbled to be on it.



We went for a drive and I said to her "Steffane, Chithi Loves you". If you know Steffane, you will know that she is very dramatic about everything she says...her intonation, tone, volume, actions, reactions everything add up to make every sentence she speaks come alive. She replied "I know!" in a super confident, cool, matter of fact way. "oh but Chithi Loves you very very much" I continued. "I know, I know you like me!" she said again and somehow in that "i know" was a confidence that I loved her to the degree of being crazy about her.



My little nieces sister has the same confidence in Gods love for her. She knows him personally has a BIG God who made the universe for her and loves her very dearly.



It dawned on me that being secure in a relationship is like a cornerstone. It's not built overnight and takes time, effort and investment into each others lives but the benefits are phenomenal. There is nothing like the joy of having the cool confidence in a relationship to be able to say at any given time "I know you/he/she loves me".



Dear Mister God this is @ina... May we always be secure in our love for each other and your love for us.

No comments: