Thursday, August 24, 2006

Flirting with Danger

A young man zipped passed me on a bike. He was weaving through the traffic way over the speed limit on a crowded road absolutely confident that he was in perfect control!

I think the biggest mistake that we as young people can do is think that we are always in control of ourselves. We put ourselves in harms way confident of our false sense of control over situations. Know what I mean?

I think I can’t get addicted. I think I can’t mess my life or my relationships. I think I can’t kill someone or get killed on the road if I ain’t careful. I tend to think I am somehow *above* these things and they will never happen to me and that thought itself put’s me in harms way.

But you know what the shocking truth is: Yes I can! I can do all that I mentioned and a whole lot of other worse things if I am not careful. Let’s face it. If I cannot hold my tongue when I ought to or my temper when I need to, I am not in control of all I do!

Life Pointer -> Enjoy life to the fullest, but be wise…! : )

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . May your hand of protection and guidance rest on this generation so we may be vibrant and wise.

2 comments:

R Karthick said...

Fantastic blog! :-)!

Anita said...

Hey pal!

Nice to hear from you again! :)
Thank you...!