Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Window

Recently I moved to a new place at work. My desk is right between two French windows on the sixth floor.

I’ve been so excited! The light from the window is so much better than the artificial lights I am used to. Through the window I can see a garden at the center surrounded by a couple of other buildings that are still coming up. On a rainy day I can hear the pitter patter of the rain and the drops that settle on the window look so beautiful. It’s on the west and on a sunny day around 3 pm the warm rays of the sun bathe my place a golden shade. By 5 if it’s a clear sky I can see the fiery red ball bid me farewell as he slips away for a well earned nights rest and the sky turns dark red to black till I just have to wind up my work and leave for the day.

At times I sit on the window sill and chat with friends or simply take a break and stare out. It’s amazing how much pleasure this window gives me!

I guess there are something’s in life that no matter how many times you experience the feeling of awe remains – Like watching the sunrise or sunset, the moon and the stars, a rainbow, the sea, a fountain, flowers, the sky, street lights on a never ending road, streams, rocks, a laughing baby…

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . I am your spoilt child!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ani,,very very true..its a very late response :) but I agree wid u on this. I get excited seeing a train and infact stop by to watch it zoom past me.

Syl