Monday, May 12, 2014

Road Trip!

We were planning a nine hour road trip for a few days. I really wanted to go but was very double minded - would baby travel well? would he be too tired? would the change be too much? would he handle meeting so many new people? will he stay healthy?
 
I battled the pros and cons in my head, talked it over with grandma and frankly got overly stressed. Finally we decided to go and the night before we left, I put him to sleep and was trying to finish packing his things. As I finally switched off the lights in his play room, the little toy car shouted "Road Trip! Brooom... Broom" LOL
 
It felt like God was smiling down at me and saying, "Relax, its going to be okay".
 
Well, it was! He had a wonderful time. He took the travel well and just loved being out in the camp site... looked at trees closely, loved the grass... it was his first time out since the weather was warmer.
and yes, everyone loved him -  his sprakly eyes, big toothless smile (for the last time), sitting up by himself he enjoyed playing and watching other kids.  His first two little teeth were making their way out and yet he did not let it dampen his spirit too much.
 
I realized I was needlessly worried and should relax a little more. Grandma is wise and keeps reminding me to try new things and give him space. Easier said than done! :)
 
Dear Mister God, this is @ina...Thank you that you watch over your little ones and calm us even in our needless fears.

No comments: