Thursday, May 29, 2014

New Baby and New Home

Hmm... where do I start? This has been an ongoing battle within my heart and I find it so hard to confess... I just feel guilty.
 
We moved into our new home soon after the birth of out little one. Like any lady, this is our first home and I was so excited. All year round as we waited for the home to be constructed I saved pictures and ideas for designing the interior of the house to make it home.
 
Well, a new little one changes a lot of things...It means waking up tired every morning, napping whenever you get a chance, doing one chore a day and being so proud of oneself, a good meal and a clean house is the biggest achievement... what about all the decorating plans and projects?
 
Well, that's just it... I wish I had time to customize and hang paintings, print favourite photographs and have them hung up, organize shelves more neatly, spring clean etc etc and sometimes I am frustrated that my house does not feel as much a personalized home as I would like...
 
But then I remember its my first year with my son....looking back I don't think these projects will mean as much to me but at the moment I feel at times like a failure if I cannot do both.
My hubby darling tries to help but I guess most days we both are overwhelmed...
 
Seasoned moms perhaps have suggestions for me...and yes I try my own little ways to keep up with both but many a day I just have to settle and leave things undone with a smile knowing tomorrow is always there.
 
Perhaps all this is just teaching me to Lean and Trust the Lord more, for he gives rest to the weary soul.
 
Dear Mister God, this is @ina... Lord, give rest to my anxious soul. May my failures make me lean into you more.
 

No comments: