Thursday, June 12, 2014

Motherhood

Motherhood can get quickly complicated sometimes... lately I have been worrying too much. The books say I need to read, talk, teach, include learning and fun activities, help him develop all these various skills - fine motor, gross motor, sensory, logic, reasoning etc. etc. Added to that are the worries if he is getting enough nutritious food, long enough rest etc etc.
 
I have had to come to terms with the fact that I probably will never feel like I have done enough...I will always wish I could do more, be around more, have more time etc etc but that's okay. It keeps me striving to be all that God intended me to be for him.
 
However, I get so caught up at doing things with him that i sometimes wonder if I have made time to just enjoy "him, my little baby"...The time is going by so fast - sometimes we have an organized day, sometimes its chaos... he loves to be with mommy all day long and at times mom finds that hard. He has the biggest beautiful smile for mum, and sparkling eyes that make any heart melt....lifts his arms up to say "carry me please, I need a hug". He laughs and squeals with excitement, its just so so beautiful a sound yet like I said some days I wonder if I took the time to enjoy it all and have fun with him.
 
I have this figurine that a friend gave me...  its a mother spinning with her little one in the air. Its the perfect gift to remind me to just have fun with my little one, I thought to myself and placed it in my kitchen window. I guess its something I need to remind myself everyday... Yes, its good to do things with him but sometimes its also nice to just cuddle, kiss, tickle and play. I love the way his dad and him just cuddle and play...he calls him his beautiful son every single day and says how much he loves him.
 
Motherhood involves a lot of doing but its important to remember to just be together.
 
I guess that's what my heavenly father asks of me to. To sit awhile with him before I run off to the call of duty.
 
Dear Mister God, this is @ina...I need the grace to just be and not constantly want to do. Help me Lord.