Sunday, November 12, 2006

Desperate

I have been using the word *desperate* quite often these days...most of the time playfully or as a figure of speech not really meaning it.

I was singing this song today however that had the word *desperate* in it and the writer of the song I was sure meant the word to it's full extent. It sent me on a word hunt...

Desperate: Oxford dictionary says "Willing to do anything regardless of danger" for that something that you are desperate for (I add).

Hmmm... Nothing in life comes with a tag that says "absolutely nil danger guaranteed". Almost just about anything we do is about taking a step in good faith despite the odds. But this word talks about something deeper - A driving force within one that is daring to risk it all for that one prized longing.

Know what I mean?

I was left with this one question in my mind:
What is that one thing in life that I am *desperate* for? In other words, what would I be *willing to do anything for regardless of the danger*?

The minute I answered that question, this one followed:
What have I done so far about it?

Err … nothing much.

The truth is: I *know* that one thing that I am desperate for and I *know* it is going to cost me in terms of risk and danger, and I stop right there - *Desperation* however goes beyond that.

I guess I should too. : )

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . It takes courage to push yourself to place you have never been before, to test your limits, to break through barriers, But hey! It’s the only way you will discover the wings I have given you…I hear you whisper.

No comments: