Friday, November 24, 2006

I will get through this

This week was hard. All I wanted to do was to quit doing what I do. I had very good reasons to do so too. Trust me. The biggest reason of all was - fear.

Anyway I was chatting with mom about it.

"Did you think you will ever get this far?" she said.

"Nope!" I said reluctantly knowing where she would be heading next.

"Well, that’s proof enough to know that you sure will get through this too!" she continued in her absolutely assuring voice.

I could *see* what she meant but I *felt* so differently and I could not quite connect what I could see mentally with the way I felt. But with time what she said slowly sank deep enough to reach my feeling and made me a whole lot better.

Moms seem to have a quick word to magically mend a problem that looms like a mountain at times. : ) Thank you Mom.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . All that’s pulling me though is knowing that we have got this far and that’s proof enough to know we will get through this too!

No comments: