Thursday, April 05, 2007

World Peace

I was talking with a friend today who seemed quite distraught. We kept meandering from one topic to another but never actually quite got to what was on X mind. Seeing that X was not too comfortable I asked if there was anything on X mind that I could pray for. After a long pause X replied, yeah. You could pray for dash and everyone’s happiness!

Everyone’s happiness? LOL! That’s plain silly I thought to myself.

X I have known to be a person who is most often building castles in the air trying to find solutions that will make everyone happy and bring World Peace! As ridiculous as that cliché statement sounds a part of me wondered what if there was a possibility that we could indeed make everyone happy.

Out there is probably a young Miss Y who is in a messed up relationship of some kind and to pray for Y’s happiness means to pray that Y has the courage to move on, go through some pretty difficult times that would ultimately make Y happy. Then there’s Master Q who has found these bunch of buddies who seem ultra cool only until he finds a darker side to their seemingly harmless fun. Q now has some drug abuse problems and a lot of other things to deal with. To pray for Q’s happiness would mean to ask for Q to be sent to rehab, go through depressing times and then ultimately be free. Then there is posh Mrs. R who seems to have it all so easy but every night she cries herself to sleep because she does not find the joy she seeks in what she has. To pray for R would mean R would have to open up in pretty radical ways that can be nothing but painful times until she ultimately finds herself content. I could go on…

But the point is I realized that when I pray for someone’s happiness I am not necessarily praying for an immediate alteration in their circumstances that will lead to sudden happiness. Instead I pray into their lives circumstances that in some way ultimately work out for their happiness!

I guess it’s not all that silly after all to pray for everyone’s happiness. Plus when I pray for happiness I better be prepared to be broken, shaped and polished by life’s circumstances.

Still think we need to work towards World Peace?! ; )

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Glad you are out there constantly doing all you can to make sure everyone’s happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Anita,

Wonderful post indeed :) When I read this my neurons were not really that active...But then something or someone made me realize it was about me...

That’s great thought, I used to wonder...What if some one had the power to wipe away all unhappiness and grant people with a wish of kindness, satisfaction, happiness, and peace just in a single click...Something like our word editor "Find" and "Replace All"...World would be heaven...

But even now amidst all this chaos around, we can find happiness and peace in us, but often we fail to realize that its within us and try searching it outside :)

As it’s popularly said "Life is an Echo"...What you give is what you take...Always give happiness, smiles and comforts...And, we get it back...Once everyone starts realizing it, the day is not too far...

Of course, we are just kids in the sea shore throwing the star fish into the sea...But I am sure some day...some time...a lot of kids like us will join hands for the noble cause :)

Let the world be in peace...And, all of them get happiness, love and care which they want...

Yours,
Mr. X