Sunday, December 31, 2006

Pieces of the Puzzle

My brother bought me a 1000 piece puzzle for Christmas. It’s about 22X28 inches and a replica of a painting by Jeff Wilkie. The picture covers a sandy shore and a beautiful blue sea. There are mountains on one side and on the horizon the sun is setting or perhaps rising in an orange yellow haze. A sea gull flies over the ocean and a magnificent white horse stands on the shore with his dark brown mane flying in the air.

I’ve spread out the pieces on my table and it’s been slowly, very slowly coming together. This eve we put together the final pieces of the sky, and the rocks almost completing the horizon of the picture. When all of us go at it together we complete quite a bit and share a lot of laughs in the process.

I’ve been looking at the picture coming together with much joy and pride and also feel a sort of restlessness in wanting to put it all together as fast as I can so I can see for reality what it would look like.

As I sit here typing my year end post and I look at this year or the years that have gone by, it’s exactly like looking at my puzzle.

My creator must have used a lot of thought while painting my life’s picture with so many different colours and shapes and elements. And as I walk each day a piece of that picture comes together. Working on the bright skies of my puzzle was fun but the wild sea is tough and sometimes hopeless. And so also the circumstances in my life may differ. But as long as I keep working or walking patiently, one piece at a time or one day at a time, something beautiful is coming together. And those around me are integral in helping put this picture together.

Thank you for a beautiful Year.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . I don’t see the entire picture but I am happy where I am and I know You will not rest till You put all the pieces together! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one Anita. I really love reading your articles.

But I say our life for GOD will not be a puzzle as he is the creator.

Anita said...

Hey Sudha!

True... thats a wise point!

I guess it's like He's got the beautiful picture, and as we take one step at a time in life it comes together... :)