Thursday, July 27, 2006

Etc…Etc…

I was talking to a friend of mine who has gone on a short term to another country primarily for work reasons. We were talking about the travel, the people, the sites to see, the variety of food and generally all those other things that make the experience complete rather than the primary reason of the visit which was work related.

“Have fun traveling, site seeing, meeting people et cetera I said!” And X replied overjoyed “The et cetera things are all I am doing!”

And that’s when it dawned on me… Somehow though our work is most often a primary part of our life/day, often it’s all the *et cetera* things that goes along with it that truly completes our life/day. Like for me, sometimes it’s waking up and seeing the blue sky or walking around my garden and catching a whiff of the flowers, or sometimes just sleeping late, or hanging around with my family or just eating a special meal ... et cetera!

You get where I am heading? I’m learning to stop wishing I can do some of those *et cetera* things by letting work come in my way, and instead actually doing them. Join me! :)

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Sure am happy you created 'et cetera' ! ;)

No comments: