Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Phone Call

Tring-Tring… Tring-Tring…

I am standing closest to this common phone that is used by a few of us. So when I hear it ring, I pick it up.
Me: Hi! This is xyz.
Caller: Hi! Can I speak to S.
Me:(Look around) Sorry, S is not available.
Caller: Do you have S’s cell phone number?
Me: No, I’m sorry. I do not.
Caller: (Pause) I see.
Me: Can I pass on a message?
Caller: (Reluctantly) okay. Can you tell S, that S’s dad passed away and there is someone waiting to see him?
Me: (Pause)!!!
Caller: Hello?
Me: What??!
Caller: Repeats himself.
Me: (Pause) Okay.
Hurriedly I put the phone down!

2 minutes later. I call back again…
Me: Hi! I just received a call from this number…
Caller: Yes, I called.
Me: Did you want to pass on a message to ‘S’ as in the ‘S’ with such an such sir name.
Caller: Yes.
Me: Can you repeat the message please…
Caller: Yes. (Repeats it)
Me: Okay. I shall pass on the information.

A little stunned I informed a friend of S, K. So K wisely (You will know why soon) called S and simply said someone is waiting to see you.

Shocked by the sudden news I found it hard to go on with what I was supposed to do. S however returned shortly and seemed hardly disturbed. I wondered why. And usually in such a situation my spirit would begin to pray for the person concerned but today I just was shocked and did not feel much more.

About 2 hours later however, the message…err… correct message came trickling to my ear.

S’s wife’s, mother’s mother had passes away and S’s dad came to *see* him and give him the news!!

:)! LOL?!

It really was not all that funny for me right then though! :/ But Gosh! Was I relieved! Not only that there was not much bad news but also that S never heard the misguiding message I received. * Thank God *
Apart from that I still dunno what to make of the whole incident except that communication can be so critical at times. And a G-A-P in that can cause a lot of problem!! And I mean a looot!

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . err… (Chuckle)!

1 comment:

Daniel Andrew said...

lol!!
good one!!

dan