Thursday, July 06, 2006

The invisible Men

I was driving home late last night on one of the best laid roads in my city. It’s one of those roads where you can drive pretty fast and not be too alert. . . (Hope my dad does not come across this!) ...;)

Anyways, I was quite amused to find two (police)men, carrying a big chunk of cement right to the center of the road. Apparently there was a big pot hole, and they were trying to fill it in. As I passed by that strip, I came quite dangerously close to falling into it myself but was waved away by them.

The road was deserted and cold and these men where just doing their work, unwatched, unknown. As I drove on I thought about the next morning when the peak our traffic will jam the roads and many a car, bike, van, lorry, bus will pass that way. Who knows what could have happened if that pot hole was not taken care of? Who knows, perhaps an accident was averted by this act?

Today, we had a heavy down pour. I had forgotten all about what I just narrated but as I drove home and passed by that same strip, it was covered with ankle deep water... I could not see the road clearly but was confident that it will be okay. Someone had worked extra time to make sure the road will be safe for me.

Ever grateful to these invisible men and the many more out there who toil so things will be okay for people like me.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Make me like these men, hidden and unknown perhaps, and thought little of by those around but satisfying your heart.

No comments: