Monday, November 14, 2005

The Road of Good Intentions

"I thought I should call you", I said to my friend, and suddenly I realized I must have said that so many times and to so many people. “I thought I should…bla...bla...bla…” and yet it was quite a useless statement to make. The thought was not good enough. It had to translate into action to be of any good.

I'm reminded of a story I read. A man is paddling on this boat. The boat is called life and has two oars. One is called faith and the other Works. (Yap, the oars have names too!) If he pulls on any one he ends up going around in circles and heading nowhere. When he pulls on both he begins to glide on the waters.

Err...My point? Often times I stroll on (truthfully - live on) the road of good intentions. And the problem with that is it feels good but is heading nowhere, just like the boat! On the contrary is the road of good works, now that's the real thing! You see its one thing *to think*, * to want to*, and another *to do*.

I can probable sit and pen down hundreds of good intentions I've had that never translated into any action and you know what the really sad thing is: I'm adding to that list each day.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Guess you understand exactly what I mean, You know me inside out. I reeeeeeeealy need to live my inside out!

No comments: