Monday, November 28, 2005

Still Alive

X and me where on the phone after quite some time. 'How are you?' I said. 'Still alive' was the reply. We laughed together.
‘Still alive’ - Long after our conversation came to an end, those words kept ringing in me. It’s an odd choice of words but I knew exactly what X meant. It was one of those Been-there-Done-that kinda moments.

Ever felt that way? I'm not sure how to elaborate on that but I'll give it a shot. It's like you were barely going on with life, not quite sure about anything, and you seem to have to drag yourself to do all the things you have to do. You feel like you are in this tunnel and have no idea what’s on the other side... It's all confusing, all upsetting and all frustrating. Make sense? If not, I understand! ;-)

I'm reminded of the metaphor that talks about a seed. 'Unless a seed should fall to the ground and die (Ouch!), it remains a single seed.' You see a seed needs to be covered in mud and left for awhile. It stays hidden in the ground not known, not seen - still alive. But the story does not end there. '... if it dies it produces many seeds'. [Math 12:24]
Behold! The potential which was in the seed all the time slowly begins to come to life. A shoot, a little leaf, and in time a huge tree stands in that very place. It's a marvel. Who would have thought or expected it?

The 'Still Alive' season, feels like the seed under the sand. (No, it’s not pleasant) But the good news is that the life that comes after that, yielded through this experience makes it all totally worth it. Trust me!
Like someone once said “You can count the number of seeds in the apple but only God can count the number of apples in the seed."

Dear Mister God this is @ina taking . . . No one understands the potential of the seed under the sand more than you. Through my eyes (or the eyes of the world) it looks insignificant, but I know you see something magnificent.

No comments: