Tuesday, November 15, 2005

S-O-R-R-Y

My friend passed by me pushing the chair I was sitting on carelessly and said 'Sorry'. A fraction of a second later, the same friend did the same thing over again muttering another 'Sorry'. I knew the right thing to do was smile and say 'It's okay'. But this was the nth time this was happening on the same day and I heard my mind scream "I though to say I'm sorry meant ' I'll do my best never to do it again ' ". I let it go.

But the screaming thought in my head began to speak to me. If 'Sorry' actually did mean 'I'll do my best never to do it again', then I must confess I'm guilty of not following my own convictions. There have been n power n times when I've said the word from the top of my mind without meaning it.

However there are exceptions. A friend X was once mad at me and did not want to speak to me. My friend Y was speaking to X over the phone and pushed the receiver into my hands saying 'Say I’m s-o-r-r-y'. I picked it up (a lil reluctantly) and whispered into the phone 'I'm s-o-r-r-y'. I meant it. I could hear a soft smile on the other side. The relationship was healed.

The truth: Sorry is a powerful world. Let's keep it that way.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . I just kinda feel like you are smiling at this post. :-)

No comments: