Thursday, February 23, 2006

Change

There have been some changes in my otherwise monotonous life. I can’t exactly call them big changes but they are sort of big in my mind. You see, I’m not exactly change savvy. Especially if that change involves interacting with a whole lot of new people.
I wish, really wish I was more ‘okay’ with change but it’s hard. It takes time and a lot of self-coaxing to get myself out of my foolish self-pity at having to face change.

Anyway, it just got me thinking of a few other circumstances in the life of my family and friends over this week. A close relative of mine had a major surgery, a friend of mine lost a dear family member . . . I can’t even compare these situations to the one I’m in, ever.
However it just helped me to look beyond myself and appreciate the gifts in my life and overlook the tiny-winy things that I tend worry about and whine about.
'Grow up!' I hear myself say.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Change, I guess is your tool to help expand my heart, widen my mind and grow in my spirit. Help me, be a sport.

No comments: