Thursday, February 16, 2006

You and I

I spent about an hour today rummaging through my mails and notes I have sent and received from friends over the years. I was left me with a myriad of emotions, as each one told of a time and place in my life that was quite unique and special and in some ways almost forgotten.

In it, I found this piece of poetry, called ‘You and I’, that I had written some years ago to a dear friend of mine. Just felt it captures many of those memories I was talking about . . .

Friendship is not a word to us, it’s a world;
A place we can run to, it’s always there;
Built with time and the fondest memories, it’s forever;

Time together is like a cascading waterfall, full of life;
Moments apart are not painful but shared;
Changes with time & tide are faced and accepted;

We don’t know all the steps of life but learn together;
We were always meant to be and will remain;
And together celebrate the gift of life, it’s our world;

We have no obligations to one another yet choose to be there;
We stand together and work towards our dreams;
Sharing mutually in our feelings, we learn to look deeper;

Everyday is a new adventure, bringing out the best in us;
Every hope is a new beginning of possibilities yet to come;
Every breath is a new promise of companionship and strength;

Today is all that matters the time we have now;
Yesterday has gone by, it’s a memory;
Tomorrow you might not be there that’s life;

But friendship is something that lasts, it’s forever;
So hey! Let’s play this game together, its fun;
You and I drifting together, its destiny.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Something I see so consistently through the years is that you are there, every step of the way, it’s been You and I and that gives me the courage to go on. I’m so glad and grateful.

No comments: