Thursday, February 16, 2006

Loving the Unlovely

I just happened to see this phrase in a book today. It caught my attention for two reasons.
One, when I think of love, I think mostly of the best in human nature and
Two, when I think of love, I think of the people I gel with really well.

It's never quite occurred to me to think of much else. Loving however in this context is about, loving the lovely... the things I admire and enjoy.

But Love, in its true sense I guess digs much deeper. Love, loves the unlovely. The things about people that are perhaps quite annoying, or the habits that are not necessarily pleasant or the little idiosyncrasies associates with each person . . . in general, the unlovely side. The side that’s not exactly attractive or charming.

Probably that’s what real love is about. Not only delighting in the *lovely* but also accepting of the *unlovely*.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . That’s perhaps the reason for your enduring love for me.

No comments: