Sunday, April 09, 2006

Loosing Your Life and Finding Yourself

I was given a gift of a video called “Mama Heidi” recently by a good friend who recommended it as a Must-See. It’s a documentary of a Lady called Heidi who along with her husband moved to the Mozambique on hearing about the condition there after the Civil War ended. The conditions there were worsening and even the Red Cross trucks where not safe. But Heidi and her husband, decided to go there and work with the poor. They adopted a dilapidated orphanage and began caring for and serving the most forgotten children on the streets.

It’s a story that moves you to tears and leaves you amazed at the fact that this one woman has made a difference in so many, many young lives. As she talks about her experiences, her eyes radiate with a special joy and hope. It’s hard to describe.

Moving to the Mozambique meant a lot of sacrifices to this family. They have lost their dreams, hopes, desires, comfort and a lot more and traded it for a life lived in a hot sweaty, mosquito infested part of the world where often their lives are threatened at gun point. You need to be willing to loose your life to find it, she says. And these words have been playing in my mind ever since.

Sometimes we need to loose everything that means anything to us in order to find anything that means everything to us. Loosing your life and finding yourself I call it and I can’t help but think that what I find in the process will far outweigh what I loose.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . May my life be one such story.

2 comments:

starry said...

well written post,I totally believe it

Anita said...

Hi Starry Nights!

Thank you! :)

I just checked out your blog... you have a beatiful page! I Enjoyed reading your posts as well.
Keep in touch!