Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My brother(?)

Recently I was reading a true story about an X and Y, whose names had not been revealed. Y was very mean to X and did some horrible things to X. As I was talking about this with a friend, my friend said “I wonder who Y is? If only I knew who Y was, I would have . . . (lets not mention the rest)”.In my heart I was in full agreement. Yeah… that’s exactly what I’d have done too given the opportunity!

Later the question came back to me . . . “I wonder who Y is?” And then suddenly I heard the answer in my heart so clearly - “Your brother!”
(??) I couldn’t accept that, given the nature of the story. But thinking about it I realized that it was true. In a strange way we are all “brothers’ n sisters” and yet I could never quite come to terms with being accepting of such a person. The thought itself was a little abhorring.

You know all those battles we fight in the name of religion or race or colour or creed - it just seems such a crime. But you know what's a bigger crime? Practicing those very thoughts in my own silent way, in my own little world, no matter how I may justify it.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . My brother, you say - I wish I could really see people the way you do.

No comments: