Saturday, April 22, 2006

When Good is'nt Wise

Ahem . . . I dunno if this is just me but I am hoping that someone who reads this will relate . . .

So I did this thing today. It was a *good* thing to do. No strings attached – Just a simple good deed, done out of a simple good motive. But only after doing it I realized, it was not exactly or perhaps not at all WISE.

I felt awful realizing that. Just awful.

That’s also because I take myself way too seriously and overreact but that apart, this has always been one of my biggest problems.
Knowing –
One, When is something that’s Good not Wise.
Two, When to do Good even if it is not wise, (like when you sometimes have to follow your heart and not your mind) and when not to.

There are times I jump into doing something Good, not thinking it over at all, like today and then I realize it isn’t wise. Sometimes I play it over in my mind so many times and then don’t do something Good even if I should have done it!

End Result: I feel awful.

Solution (?) : I don’t know if I’ll ever find one, because Life is about taking chances and doing things the best you know how. Full Stop.
Btw, I guess it will really help if I don’t take everything I do so seriously and in giving *Good* a chance – perhaps it’s better to do so more often than not, wise or unwise, for better or worse.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Which to do when (?), give me divine wisdom, dear God.

3 comments:

Anita said...

A friend just happened to mention in a conversation that "A good idea is not always God's idea" . . . Just thot it was along these lines!

a girl said...

Hey @ina, I hear ya sister!

I *totally* have the same problem. Like, I really really relate (more than you can imagine). I'm also one of those people who takes my actions seriously.

You know, the old saying 'you live and learn' has much truth to it.

Although I know I would *want* to know when to do what etc... I think God has placed us here for the ride, with all its ups and downs. We live and learn, but truth is, even the oldest and wisest make the wrong choices at times, they just get fewer as time goes on.

Sometimes consulting Him before making a decision helps... then again, I know that I struggle with trying to discern His voice from my own desire to do good, which, as you said, may not always be His will. You know what's encouraging in all this? He sees your heart and knows your intentions - I think that's comforting. Whereas we may need to try and explain ourselves to others, He sees it all and we don't need to say a word.

Anita said...

Hey a girl!

Thank you for shraing. That was *so* comforting and encouraging.
Yeah, sometimes I struggle with the discerning part too, especailly when it's something 'I' really want to do.
But you are right! He sees our heart and intentions and thats something I had to be reminded of.
:)

Hi Lydia!
Your right. Thats been another point of worry... What if others misconstruct it all...

But like you said He works in it all for Good, and now looking back I can say that about the situation I was talking about too, though then it felt like nothing good could come of it!

He sure makes it all okay! :)