Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Why?

I've found that w-h-y a plain, simple looking word can actually be quite daunting. What lies behind it many a time can never be explained.
Why? - Why did that happen? Why did I do this? Why is that the way it is? Why did so-and-so say that? . . . There are times I find myself trapped in it.

Sometimes I'm just plain afraid to ask the question because I feel I may not be able to handle the answer. Sometimes no matter how hard I ask the question, I never find the answer - It's daunting.

'That's just life', I've tried to say to myself.
But that gets unacceptable after awhile.
'Time will tell', I comfort myself.
But that gets shady after awhile too.

So I choose to be sorry for myself. To let my heart feel down. To let my mind be troubled. To even doubt my beliefs . . .

But something* stops me.

I look at the night sky and I see that if my tiny being was knitted together to exist in this vast universe then there must be an Intricate Designer. I feel the winds blow in a direction only they understand like someone whispered into their ear the course they ought to take and I realize there is a Master Planner. I find the birds and animals taken care of and the land coping despite our neglect and I know that could not be without a Loving Savior.

My spirit feels elated.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Maybe I'll never know why but it's gonna be okay. I'm gonna be okay.

* I call that something Faith.

No comments: