Saturday, December 31, 2005

Just Reflecting


Hmmm . . . The perfect way to round off the year for me is in reflection. This picture called 'The beauty of the Desert' helped me do just that.

As I look back I see there have been situations that scorched me, times when it felt like there were sand dunes in every direction, and the oasis I longed for was nowhere in sight. Instead there were scorpions to battle with, a night air that left me feeling like a block of ice and sand storms that hindered my vision. With nothing but camels to ride on, progress seemed bumpy n painfully slow.

But in the midst of this I have had so many unexpected expanding experiences and breathtaking insights that have changed me within. There have been timeless treasures I have cherished and glorious encounters that have enriched me. Hidden truths I have discovered, still moments I have enjoyed, Unique joys n unseen beauty that I have savored, and many unforgettable faces and memories that I will always carry in this journey, often called Life.

In some ways, I guess that’s sort of what this picture/the last year portrays to me - ‘The beauty of Life’.
:-)

Dear Mister God this is @ina talking . . . Life is beautiful. You are beautiful.

No comments: