Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Down the Same Crossroad

I'm on this crossroad. I've been here before.

I am approaching the intersection. Ahead I can see the sign boards. I read the kilometers marked on them and gauge how long it will take me to reach my destination. I listen to the radio to make sure I am not heading into a road block or a traffic jam.

I remember the first time I was on this crossroad. Things were different back then. It was all new, and exciting. I did not care to look at the signs carefully nor did I make calculations based on distance or time. I just enjoyed the journey.

This time round things have changed.

I carry with me a lot of luggage. A big suitcase called experience. Other lighter bags called advice, handy tips, and popular facts. My favorite knapsack with a few easy guidelines and tools. In it is Mom's advice, Dad's warning, tales of people who took the wrong turn and where never heard of again (okay, this perhaps is a slight exaggeration) and also recollections from my own past. I'm more *cautious* now and that’s not a bad thing either.

As I stand at this crossroad, the only question I ask myself is this: Do I listen to my experience and make the *wise* choice or do I give *it* a second chance. *It* being anything - life, love, people, friendships, hopes, expectations, dreams, desires, plans, commitment, a skill ... anything.

If I make the wise choice I will certainly reach my destination and do it in the calculated time. And if I don't I really do not know what I am heading into.

I go back and forth mentally calculating which would be the best alternative - the wise choice, no doubt. But something within me decides to give *it* another chance instead. I know it may not be the wise choice but it does seem right.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . I have a feeling that's what you would do. Give me the grace to do as you would do.

No comments: