Thursday, January 05, 2006

To Giving

I had an eventful day – speckled with many special moments.

Took a small walk with Mum in the morn, met a friend who didn’t look too happy, got talking and then parted with a smile, got to give a new acquaintance company at lunch, listened to an old lady’s tales, helped a good friend do some work which was important, met someone I have not seen in years and caught up with old times, offered a lift, and just listened to a dear pal going through a tough time, not much I could do, just listen and pray.

Through the day I found I had so many opportunities to give. Some I didn’t take (haven’t mentioned them ofcourse!) and some I took. (A smiley with a halo comes here). ;-)

I’ve found that as much as I enjoy *getting* (attention, love, care, time, gifts. . .) I find it’s just *so* much more fun *giving* (attention, love, care, time, gifts. . .)
Truly.

Stretched before me are 12 months, 52 weeks, and almost 365 days, 8760 hours, 525600 minutes, 31536000 seconds. May it be filled with doing just that!

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . I give my days to you. I give myself to you.

No comments: