Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It’s Okay

I cannot ever overestimate the value of the two little words "*its* okay" when they are said with meaning.

That's because I can be quite careless sometimes (?). Today was one such day. I had to do something that was relatively simple but I kinda made a silly mistake. I was embarrassed. And the consequences of my mistake scared me a little. But someone who could have got angry or upset or annoyed with me choose to instead just say "*its* okay".
I am so grateful. It made my day. :-)

Can’t tell you how many times those small little words with quite a lot of meaning have come to my rescue.

Some time back I was driving in the peak hour traffic. It was late and dark. As I made my way home a speeding motorist with a loud screeching horn brushed passed me, narrowly missing a collision. I was a little shaken. Within me I heard this loud, clear and calm voice repeatedly saying to me "*Its* okay, *Its* okay, *Its* okay . . . " till I calmed down.
It was okay.

God‘s most common everyday words to me are “*its* okay".
I overreact. He says “*its* okay". I worry. He says “*its* okay". I mess up. He says “*its* okay". I fear. He says “*its* okay". . . And then there are times He says “*It’s gonna be okay.” Like in granddad’s funeral.

The best part is when He says it that seals it. He says “*its* okay - *It* really is okay.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Perhaps that’s what You want 90% of us to know 90% of the time.

No comments: