Wednesday, January 25, 2006

They are always there

I love to watch the night sky. Something about it that just amazes me and fills me with awe.

Tonight’s sky was darker than usual because there was no moon but the stars shinned even brighter. The constellations close to earth looked dazzling and I also could see other tiny stars which are probably quite far away that I have never seen before. Together they formed a pattern of their own. It was indescribable.

I wondered where these stars hid on other days and why I never saw them. And was amused by the immediate realization that *they* where always there. I just did not see them!

At day the sun in all its brightness and beauty showed me a lot of things but hid the beauty of the stars. And at night the moon provided me with light but again in its light the beauty of the stars was hidden.
No, the stars did not hide themselves I just did not see them because I was blinded by the light of the sun by day and moon by night.

Come to think of it, there have been and are many times I am so blinded by life, situations, circumstances, and other *stuff* that I just do not see the stars. But *they* are always there. Shining, steadily, day after day.

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Sometimes I see you shine through and sometimes I don't, and there’s other *stuff* that get in my way. But you are there. Always.

No comments: