Monday, January 30, 2006

Dreams

Dreams I am convinced are a beautiful outcome of our deepest desires. I have always had many dreams. When I was a child they were things like one day I would make sure no one would go hungry, or that I would build a home for homeless people or that I would have a big animal shelter for all the uncared for animals and care of them … and many more! My dreams were wide and varied. ;-)

Growing up, these dreams I had have scaled down in my mind to be more *realistic*. Some of them are more personal, like what I would like to do with my life, and some of them are about changing my little world. (I keep reminding myself that Dreams are not supposed to be realistic!)

These dreams have made me smile. They have given me hope. They have whisked me away from the present which at times looked gloomy and took me into a future that was always bright and cheerful. They have kept me going.
It’s hard to explain. But the things I dreamed of are alive to me and I live in them. No one else does and no one else knows. No one but one, my creator.

But there have been times and are times when these very same dreams that made me smile cause me to cry. And the very dreams that gave me hope cause me to feel hopeless. And the very dreams that whisked me away to something better make me feel worse. And I find myself stagnating . . .

Dreams I have heard are like bearing a child. You conceive them and they grow in you. They become one with you and part of you. You take every possible care to make sure that the child in you is safe. They are knitted together within you and you watch and wait for the big day when you would finally get to *see* the child.
The process however is not easy nor is it short. And perhaps like I said there are times when the very reason for your joy is also the reason for your pain. But you gotta keep going b’coz it’s the only way you’d get to see the child. And the process of bearing the child is as crucial as after or perhaps even more crucial!

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Though it’s hard at times, and it’s difficult to understand, if I was given a second chance with my life I realize I’d rather not have it anyway else.

No comments: