Monday, January 23, 2006

Mind Blocks

There are battles I fight everyday. These are not battles that are covered by the media. These are not battles that are talked about. These are not even battles that are visible to the naked eye. But they are very real and at times can be quite destructive. These are battles that are fought day in and day out. These are the battles in my mind. To put it simply it's perhaps a battle between good and evil fought at an individual level, in my mind.

Lately it's been more obvious to me. Why?
Well there are these things that I could do. Perhaps even need to do. And I know they are good things to do. But guess what? I don't quite feel like doing 'em. There are barriers within me that just won't allow me. Barriers I've decided to call Mind Blocks. My narrow plans and petty agendas, a list of my can's and cant's, my weaknesses and fears etc

These mind blocks come in different forms. Just like offensive and defensive weapons of war these are offensive and defensive mechanism within me. They are basically seemingly attractive and harmless thoughts most of the time. Thoughts that really do sound good. Thought that speak up loud and clear based on experience, facts and culture. Thoughts that ultimately keep me from doing what I ought to do with some lame excuses.

These thoughts masquerade as intelligent, powerful and quite authoritative voices. But you know what the Truth is? They really are just quite silly.
And I have to admit that to win the battle!

Dear Mister God, this is @ina talking . . . Let not my silliness get in the way of accomplishing my lifes purposes in you.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Remember those old cartoons like Tom and Jerry where Tom or Jerry’s thoughts are portrayed in a comic fashion?

A white angel with a halo pops up and sits on one ear and whispers the right thing to do and a black, horned, spear tailed devil pops up and sits on the other ear and whispers the exact opposite?
And they battle it out till one of ‘em wins? (LOL)
:-)

Well, that’s kind of what I’m talking about… Guess I got a lil too complex (?)!